The whole family is bound to enjoy this cauliflower macaroni and cheese!
- 150g macaroni
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter + 60g melted
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chives
- 150g ciabatta bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a large oven-proof dish. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for a further 8 – 10 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the cauliflower is tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Combine the milk, butter, flour and nutmeg in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Season. Combine both cheeses in a large bowl.
- Add the sauce, half the chives and half the cheese mixture to the pasta mixture. Stir gently to combine. Pour into the prepared dish. Toss the bread, extra butter, garlic and remaining chives and cheese mixture in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over the past. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden.