Cauliflower and potato pea curry (Aloo gobi matar) is an Indian curry. It’s ready in 20 minutes and is a perfect family dish for Winter evenings.
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup korma curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 pot of chicken stock
- 500g baby potatoes, washed, halved
- 500g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander (optional)
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Steamed Basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and curry paste and cook stirring for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk, stock pot and 1 cup of water and bring to the boil. Add the potato and cauliflower and reduce the heat to low.
- Leave to simmer, covered for 20-25 minutes or until potatos are tender. Add peas and chopped coriander and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve the curry with natural yoghurt, coriander sprigs and rice!