This aromatic broth will warm you up on even the coldest winter evening.
- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 50g rice or wheat noodles
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn, canned or frozen
- 2-3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- mint or basil leaves and a little chilli to serve (optional)
- Pour the stock into a pan and add the chicken, ginger and garlic. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, partly cover and simmer for 20 mins, until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken to a board and shred into bite-size pieces using a couple of forks.
- Return the chicken to the stock with the noodles, corn, mushrooms, half the spring onions and the soy sauce. Simmer for 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender. Ladle into bowls and scatter over the remaining spring onions, herbs and chilli shreds if using. Serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling.