- 3 3/4 cups Whole Milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup lemon verbena leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- Combine milk, cream, lemon verbena leaves, and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat your mixture to 180° or until you see small bubbles forming around the edges of the pan (do not allow the mixture to boil).
- Remove from heat and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, discard solids.
- Place egg yolks in a large bowl and stir with a whisk. Slowly add in half of the hot mixture to your yolks, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Pour yolk mixture and remaining milk mixture into a pan. Cook custard over medium heat for 5 minutes or until it reaches 160° (continue to stir consistently).
- Remove mixture from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour custard into ice cream maker according to instructions.