Mandarin and Almond Cake
We love mandarins! This sweet fruit is wonderful on its own but can also be added into many sweet and savory dishes to add a citrus kick!
- 3 Mandarins
- 1 Cup Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Raw Sugar
- 4 Cups Plain Flour (Sifted)
- 125g Almond Meal or Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Milk or Fruit Juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180*c
- In a pot use enough water to cover whole mandarins and bring to a simmer
- Keep at a simmer until mandarins are soft.
- Puree whole mandarins in a food processor or blender.
- Place the blended mandarin in a bowl and add in remaining ingredients
- Mix until well blended, your mixture should be loose without being too wet. If your mixture is still slightly stiff then add small amounts of milk or fruit juice until desired texture is achieved.
- Pour mixture into baking tray.
- Bake at 180*c for approximately 50-60 minutes. Cake is cooked when the sides shrink from the pan and a skewer comes out of the middle clean.
- Allow to cool before turning out of pan. Can be left plain or iced with cream cheese icing.