Smooth, creamy and delicious! This recipe is on the tart side and makes for a great tasting treat.
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 2 cups passion fruit pulp
- 2 cups cream, pop in the freezer for 10 – 20 minutes beforehand
- 1/3 cup passion fruit pulp, with seeds
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup of water
- A pinch of salt
- To make the ice cream, whisk together the sweet condensed milk and the passion fruit pulp and set aside
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the cream until it holds stiff, about 3 minutes. Turn the speed to low and add the passion fruit/condensed milk mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer safe container and cover with a piece of baking paper, pressing it against the surface to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Freeze for at least six hours, or up to 2 weeks: the ice cream will become more firm the longer you let it freeze.
- If making the sauce, drizzle over the ice cream before serving!
To make the sauce
In a saucepan, combine the passion fruit pulp, sugar and salt. Cook on medium low until it thickens slightly. Add the cornflour dissolved in water and cook for a couple minutes longer, until thick. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature. Transfer to the fridge and chill for at least one hour before serving. It will keep in the fridge for up to a week.