Listed below is a list of climbers that are hardy and suited to dry, coastal conditions. The vine will need to be well watered when planting and will benefit from some regular watering just while getting established. It is coming into summer now which is not the most ideal time to plant, if you could hold off until autumn that would be perfect as it will be cooler and more moisture in the air and the roots could get a bit more growth down before it has to deal with those summer conditions.
- Bougainvillea: showy with masses of flowers
- Hardenbergia: Hardy with purple blooms
- Ficus pumila: Grown for it’s evergreen foliage.
- Pyrostegia venusta: Orange blooms, stunning.
- Tecomanthe speciosa: NZ native
- Solandra: Fast growth rate
The Palmers Team
- You must login to post comments