Roasted Cashew and Carrot Dip
This delicious recipe comes from our friends at Garden to Table.
- 500g (about 3 large) carrots
- 2 medium sized cloves garlic
- 70g roasted cashew nuts, plus a few extra for garnish
- 2½ teaspoons runny honey
- ¼ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- parsley or extra paprika to garnish
1. Peel and slice the carrots then place in a saucepan with the unpeeled garlic. Cover with cold salted water, bring to the boil and simmer until very tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Coarsely grind or finely chop the cashews.
3. Place the carrots and peeled garlic in a food processor and blend until finely chopped. Add the cashew nuts, honey, paprika and oil and season to taste. Blend again then transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with parsley
and a few extra cashews or a sprinkling of paprika.