Ingredients (makes 2 loaves)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries chopped and tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric or stand mixer cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork, Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add mashed bananas and mix until combined.
- Sift all dry ingredients: flower, baking soda and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. Be sure not to over mix! Fold in covered strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans and bake at 160 degrees for 45 minutes until edges are slightly brown or until baked to your liking. Let it cool completely before removing from the loaf pans.