You will need:
- Terracotta pots
- Paint – we bought testpots from Resene
- Paint brushes
- A pencil and eraser
- A black sharpie
- Ribbon/twine/ yarn (optional)
- Herbs, instant garden colour or baby houseplants
- Potting Mix – we used Tui Indoor Plant Mix
- The first step is to decide on your designs, we tried to opt for colourful plant inspired creations.
- Give your pots a couple of coats of the base colour, making sure that you paint inside the lip.
- Draw your design in pencil on to the pot, or trace to get the perfect picture
- Paint your design, we recommend a couple of coats
- When dry, erase any pencil marks still showing and outline where necessary with a sharpie, or black paint if you have a steady hand