When added to potting mix or garden soil, the crystals absorb up to hundreds of times their own weight in water. This water is then released back to the plants over time as they require it. The crystals reduce water wastage, increase the time between waterings and promote improved plant survival during dry times. The crystals are effective for up to 5 years, then biodegrade harmlessly.
- Can be used in both potted plants and garden beds, to store water and to keep plants healthy
- Water storage crystals prevent the soil drying out, improve soil aeration and drainage
- Water crystals rehydrate themselves with each watering, lasting several years before biodegrading harmlessly
- Using water storage crystals, plants can tolerate drier weather conditions and less frequent watering
How to Use
Wet mixing (recommended):
Mix one teaspoon (5g) into 750ml water. Leave for an hour before mixing into 5L of potting mix. Increase to two teaspoons per 5L for hanging baskets and other water stress-prone plants.
- Plants already potted or inground: poke vertical holes into potting mix or drip line and place a small amount of into the base of each hole. Water in thoroughly, then top with potting mix
- Sowing seed: mix 10g per m2 into top 50mm of topsoil, sow seed and water in thoroughly
- Laying turf: evenly spread crystals at 10g per m2, lay turf then water
Mix one teaspoon (5g) of crystals with 5L of potting mix. Pot up plant and water in thoroughly. For best results, water two hours later to ensure crystals are fully charged. It is safest to use the crystals wet instead of dry as the crystals take up substantially more volume once wet.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE OR IN ANY MANNER CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.