Microgreen Flavours of the Mediterranean contains Basil Italian Mix, Rocket and Sunflower.
Microgreens – often called ‘Vegetable Confetti’ - are an exciting, colourful, gourmet alternative to sprouting and very popular amongst gourmet chefs. They are halfway in size between sprouts and baby greens, harvested usually within 2 weeks of sowing. They are commonly grown in seedling trays and differ from sprouts in that they are grown in sunlight and harvested with scissors when there are two or more true leaves.
Microgreens include many of the same leafy greens as those used for salad mixes but are cut at a smaller stage; but also more unique varieties that are chosen for their colour, flavour and texture. They are eaten as thin, delicate plants - as miniature variations on salad greens and herbs. They provide texture and colour when used as garnish, or exciting flavours when used as part of salad mixes. While sprouts are well known for their health benefits they are not as famous for their flavour - Microgreens are both healthy and a taste sensation.
There are a couple of growing methods.
Growing in a Mr Fothergill’s Microgreens Tray:
1. Fill the clear plastic container with water and place black growing tray on top.
2. Place a thin sheet of tissue paper on the growing tray, sprinkling your seeds onto the paper.
3. Place in a light and warm position but keep away from direct sunlight.
4. Spray the seeds 2-3 times a day with a fi ne mist of water until roots develop. Cover with foil to keep moist.
5. Once roots reach the water in the bottom container, spraying and foil are no longer required. Keep the water topped up and refreshed. You can also add liquid fertiliser to promote strong and healthy growth.
6. Harvest the seedlings in 7-14 days by cutting just above the seed.
Growing in soil:
1. Fill a seedling tray or plant pots with quality soil mix and firm down gently.
2. Sow the seeds thinly and cover with a fine layer of soil.
3. Keep the soil moist but not too wet. Add liquid fertiliser for strong and healthy growth.
4. Harvest the seedlings in 7-14 days by cutting at the bottom of the stem.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.