We all know that fruit and chocolate are a winning combination, but this cheesecake is next level! It’s creamy, it’s decadent and it’s sure to become your favourite, plus it’s easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups of digestive, (or super wine or Girl Guide biscuit) crumbs
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp melted, unsalted butter
- 450g cream cheese
- 250g sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups raspberries
- Apricot jam
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Chocolate to grate on the top
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. In a food processor, pulse biscuits with 1 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa until you have fine crumbs. Melt butter and pour it into the chocolate cookie mixture. Pulse a few more times or until crumbs are evenly moistened with butter.
- Press mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9″ springform tin going 2.5-3cm up the sides. Bake at 180˚C for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- To make the cheesecake mix, preheat oven to 230˚C. Beat together cream cheese with 1 1/2 cups sugar on medium/high speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the bowl halfway through.
- Turn mixer down to low speed and add sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated. Pour the cheesecake mixture over your cookie crust and smooth out the top.
- Place the middle oven rack one level lower so it is in the bottom 1/3rd of the oven. Bake at 230˚C for 15 minutes then (without opening the oven door), reduce oven to 110˚C and continue baking another 1 hour and 5-10 minutes or until the centre is almost set (it should barely wiggle on top when you give the pan a little jolt).
Tip: you will get the best results when you do not open the oven door to look at your cheesecake during the baking process.
Decorating the top
- Warm up 3/4 cup of apricot jam in a small saucepan until it loosens up a little, don’t let it get too hot. Once cooled slightly, spread over the top of your cheesecake, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Arrange raspberries over the surface of the apricot jam
- Beat 1/2 cup cream together with 1 tbsp sugar on high speed until stiff. Pipe the cream around the top border of the cheesecake. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate.