Perfect as a gift, a Christmas Day treat, or if you have candy canes left over from the big day, you now have a use for them!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 candy canes, crushed – topping
- 100g white chocolate – topping
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar. Mix in the cocoa powder. Mix in the eggs until well combined. Add salt and baking soda and mix well. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Form dough into a loaf shape about and bake on a silicone baking mat or cookie sheet for 30 minutes.
- Slice the loaf into 2cm slices and bake for 5 more minutes with the cut side down. Flip and bake 5 more minutes. Let cool.
- Drizzle the the top of each biscotti with the melted white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Allow to set up before storing in a sealed container.