Roasted cauliflower hummus is a chickpea free version of hummus, that’s creamy and oh-so delicious!
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pepper and salt
- garnish with olive oil, sunflower seeds and chopped parsley
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C
- Remove the cauliflower florets and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil (avocado oil is a delicious alternative) and toss to combine. Place the baking tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower to a food processor. Add the tahini, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, salt and cumin. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with sunflower seeds and chopped parsley.
Tip: if your hummus is a bit thick, add more water (1 tsp at a time) until it’s at your desired level of creaminess.