- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 heads broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1250ml hot vegetable stock
- 200g crumbled or chopped stilton cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Put the garlic, onion and oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the chopped spring onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the thyme and the broccoli, and stir in the heat for a minute or so.
- Add the hot vegetable stock and the crumbled or chopped Stilton and bring to a bubble, then put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes until broccoli is just cooked
- Liquidize in a blender in batches then pour back in the pan and heat if it’s cooled too much while blending, and add pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and a drizzle of olive oil, serve with a fresh loaf of sourdough.