Easy Blueberry Ice-Cream
You can’t beat an ice-cream on a hot summer’s day, especially one you’ve made yourself. Our recipe is so simple to make and requires few ingredients, plus you can substitute for almost any berry – bonus!
- 4 cups blueberries, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a food processor, puree blueberries, then transfer to a medium saucepan. Working over medium heat, add sugar and lemon juice and zest. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until slightly reduced (about 15 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to chill.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in condensed milk until fully combined, then fold in chilled blueberry puree.
- Transfer to a loaf pan and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.
- Serve with fresh blueberries.