- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2 cups pitted cherries, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 4ml unsweetened cherry drink mix
- Whisk milk, cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla bean together in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, continuing to stir regularly.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until sugar dissolved and the mixture is hot.
- Gradually whisk in 1 cup of hot mixture into the yolks then whisk the remaining mixture into the yolk mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly for 8-10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats a spoon.
- Pour through a fine sieve and discard the solids. Cool completely and stir in cherries, brandy, and cherry drink mix.
- Chill for 8-24 hours and place in ice cream maker according to instructions.