- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 500g potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly slicked diagonally
- Sour cream or olive oil, to serve
- Toasted crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil and butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until leek is softened. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for a further 5 minutes.
- Add 1L of water to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a stick blender, blend the leek and potato mixture in a saucepan until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup among bowls and sprinkle over spring onions. Top with a swirl of sour cream and serve with toasted crusty bread.
Bring your garden to the kitchen…