With sweetcorn in season, now is the perfect time to whip up this tasty, fresh salsa. Perfect served with tacos, tortillas or fish.
- 4 corn on the cob
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ fresh red chilli
- 4 spring onions
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- sea salt
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Place a griddle pan on a medium-high heat to warm up or use gas bbq.
- Once hot, carefully add the corn and cook for around 15 minutes, or until hot through and lightly golden all over, turning with tongs regularly for even cooking.
- Remove to a chopping board and leave to cool slightly.
- Hold the charred corn steady on the board using a tea towel to protect your hand, then carefully run a knife down the sides to cut off the kernels, then put the kernels in a mixing bowl.
- Pick and roughly chop the coriander leaves, discarding the stalks, then add them to the bowl.
- Finely dice the chilli and slice the spring onions, then add to the bowl.
- Chop up the tomatoes and add them to the bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Cut the limes in half. Squeeze all the juice into the bowl, drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and mix well, then serve.