- 100g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line base and sides of a oven proof loaf pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine butter and honey in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until melted.
- Sift self-raising flour, plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl and once mixed, stir in the sugar.
- Combine milk, eggs and bananas in a large jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined. Add banana mixture and honey mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.