Tender, moist banana muffins studded with milk chocolate chips and pecans. What an absolute treat these muffins are.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, more for sprinkling on top of batter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease muffin tins or line with baking cups.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, beat at least 5 minutes until it’s well blended and not gritty looking. Add the eggs and mix until well blended.
- Place the sour cream and baking soda in a small bowl, whisk together, let sit a few minutes until sour cream is puffed up and looks risen. Add to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla to the bowl, mix until thoroughly incorporated. Place the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl, whisk to combine. Add to the batter, mix until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle batter with extra chopped pecans and oats if desired. Bake 25 -30 minutes.