This beetroot hummus has a delicious, earthy flavour and is perfect on fresh crusty bread or crackers.
- 450g beetroot, boiled and chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Place the beetroot, chickpeas, garlic, tahini and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and whiz to a coarse paste.
- With the motor running, slowly add the oil through the feed tube until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Season well and if the paste is a little thick, add some cold water to get the desired consistency.
- Store in the fridge and serve with cut up veges or crackers