- 225g blueberries
- 2 large bay leaves
- 50g unsalted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- Put the blueberries into a pan with a splash of water and the bay leaves. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes until soft. Tip into a sieve set over a bowl and push with the back of a spoon to extract as much juice as possible.
- Melt the butter and sugar with the juice and vanilla in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water.
- Strain the eggs to remove any threads. Keep stirring for 20-25 minutes until thickened, taking care not to overheat.
- Pour into sterilised jars, seal and label when cold. Eat within one week.
Thanks to lyndahallinan.com for this delicious recipe