Broccoli, Bacon and Walnut Salad
This broccoli salad is a picnic favourite, combining broccoli, walnuts, cranberries and just a little bacon for delicious results. Our version has plenty of creaminess without all the fat. Make it once and it will become a regular on your backyard barbecue menu.
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli crowns
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, walnuts, bacon, cranberries and pepper; stir to coat with the dressing