Pasta always tastes better when it’s homemade and there’s a real sense of accomplishment, from choosing your own ingredients, kneading the dough by hand, and watching it boil to perfection.
Gnocchi is easy to prepare and a total comfort food. If you’re looking for a healthier option, our carrot gnocchi recipe is a must try. Filled with nutrients and fibre, our Carrot Gnocchi will no doubt become a favorite.
- 450g carrots, peeled and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 Cup. water
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage or rosemary leaves
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped pistachios
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly shaved Parmesan
- In a medium pot over medium heat, bring carrots, oil, salt, coriander, white pepper, and water to a boil. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until carrots are completely soft and water is completely evaporated about 18 minutes. Mash carrots until smooth and let cool slightly.
- Whisk in sour cream and egg until smooth. Gradually add flour until a soft dough forms. Gently knead into a ball, then cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough into 4 pieces, then cut each piece into 5 strips. Gently roll each strip into a long rope about ½ inch in diameter. Cut each rope into ½ inch pieces and place on a lightly floured baking sheet, rolling to cover evenly in flour.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi in batches until they float to the top, about 3 minutes. Drain.