- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 750g chicken breast fillets, skin off, cut into 2cm pieces
- 20g butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2/3 cup of cream
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 sheet ready-rolled frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Steam greens, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Heat 2 tsp of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil and butter in the pan and add the leek and mushroom. Cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden. Add wine and cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add combined stock and cream, stirring. Stir in the wholegrain mustard and peas. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Return chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into four 1 1/2 pie dishes (or one large pie dish). Cut four circles from the pastry, slightly larger than the diameter of the pie dishes so the edges hang slightly over the top. Brush the edges of the ramekins with egg and press down the edges onto the top of the pie dish to seal.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is cooked through. Serve with steamed greens.