- Melted butter, to grease
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 270ml coconut milk
- Icing sugar mixture, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Brush six 250ml (1-cup) capacity ramekins or ovenproof dishes with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Use an electric beater to beat together the egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale. Use a metal spoon to fold in the flour, coconut, lemon and lime rind, lemon and lime juice, water and coconut milk until combined.
- Use clean electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Fold the egg white into the lemon mixture until well combined. Spoon into prepared dishes.
- Place the dishes in a roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Dust with icing sugar to serve.