This delicious feijoa almond crumble is perfect for the cooler nights.
- 8 large feijoas, depending upon size use more or less
- 1 Tbsp butter, plus 60g extra for topping
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 100ml dessert wine
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g ground almonds
- 2 Tbsp crystalised ginger, finely chopped
- Handful of roasted almonds
- 60g flour
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Peel and slice the feijoas. Butter a baking dish with 1 Tbsp of butter. Place the feijoas in the dish and drizzle with honey then pour over the dessert wine.
- Make the crumble topping by mixing the brown sugar, baking powder, ground almonds and ginger. Rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until crumbly with visible small pieces of butter.
- Combine the butter mixture with the sugar and almond mixture, then spoon over the feijoas. Sprinkle with roasted almonds.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Serve hot with cream or vanilla icecream.
Recipe sourced from bite.co.nz