Use up your mountain of feijoas with this delicious feijoa cheesecake.
- 250 g gingernuts, can be replaced with Anzac biscuits
- 100 g butter, melted
- 10 medium feijoas, approx 250g scooped flesh
- 1 lime, finely grated rind and juice
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup greek yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp mild honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- Lightly butter the sides and base of a 20cm springform cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Crush the biscuits very finely. Keep a 1/4 cup aside to sprinkle on top. Combine the remainder with the butter. Press onto the base of the pan. Chill.
- Blend the feijoa flesh and lime rind and juice in a food processor, until smooth. Add the cream cheese, yoghurt, honey, vanilla essence and blend until smooth. Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water and add to the filling. Mix well.
- Pour onto the biscuit base. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve in wedges topped with the reserved crushed biscuits.
Recipe sourced from bite.co.nz