125g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup feijoa pulp
1 cup self-rising flour, sifted
1/2 cup sour cream
Icing – optional
1 cup icing sugar
3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Lightly grease loaf or cake tin and line with baking paper.
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar together until the colour becomes pale looking. Add the eggs in one at the time.
- In another bowl, havle and scoop out the flesh of the feijoas and mash with a fork to create the feijoa pulp. Add this in with the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
- Fold in the flour and sour cream and then spoon into the cake tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and then leave to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar or to top with icing, mix icing sugar and lemon juice together and drizzle over the top.