This bread is at its most delicious, fresh out of the oven covered in butter. This recipe is made with gluten-free flour, however can be substituted for self-raising flour.
- 1 1/2 cup coarsely grated pears (about 4)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp cinammon
- An extra pear, sliced
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line with baking paper or grease a loaf tin.
- Place the grated pear, oil, egg and milk in a small bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Place the flour, sugar, almond meal and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the pear mixture. Stir until well combined. Pour into your loaf pan, smooth the surface and arrange the sliced pear on top.
- Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a serving plate. Cut into slices and serve warn or toasted with butter.