Grilled pineapple lemonade is a refreshing and tart drink. This twist on classic lemonade adds a whole new level of fruity and smoky flavours. Enjoy this fruit-forward lemonade on a warm summer day accompanied by your favourite BBQ bites. For aesthetic flair, add a chunk of pineapple or a slice of lemon to the rim of your glass, or for an additional summer twist, add in a fresh strawberry or two.
- 200g fresh pineapple, sliced
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (4 large lemons)
- Mint to garnish
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple slices in a single layer, and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until dark char marks appear. Set grilled pineapple slices aside to cool.
- Combine 4 cups hot water and sugar in a large pitcher, and stir with a whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Process pineapple and lemon juice in a blender until relatively smooth.
- Pour pineapple mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into pitcher with sugar mixture; discard solids. Stir well until fully blended. Serve over ice.