- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 125g butter, melted, cooled
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a 3cm deep ovenproof pan.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, coconut and 1/2 cup of hazelnuts in a large bowl. Whisk melted butter, honey, egg and vanilla together in a jug. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Press mixture into base of prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Make icing by combining icing sugar, butter, lemon rind and 1/4 cup of lemon juice in a bowl. Stir until smooth, adding a little warm water if icing is too thick. Spread icing over slice and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of hazelnuts. Allow to set before cutting into squares. Serve.