- Shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 150g hot smoked salmon, coarsely flaked
- 100g brie, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped dill
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a 22cm round fluted tart pan with removable base with pastry. Use a small sharp knife to trim the edge. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the leek; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until leek softens. Add the asparagus and peas; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until just heated through. Remove from heat.
- Cover pastry base with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove paper and baking beans. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Spoon the leek mixture over pastry case. Top with salmon, brie and dill. Whisk the eggs and cream together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the salmon mixture. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30-25 minutes or until just set. Serve topped with baby rocket leaves combined with lemon zest.