- 4 cups peeled, sliced nectarines
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the fruit, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Put the butter in a deep 9 inch baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- Mix the remaining 1 cup of sugar, flour and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 to 34 minutes. Batter will rise to the top during baking.
- To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.