- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/3 caco powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 40g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 150ml maple syrup
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups mashed ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 180/160 degrees fan forced. Grease and line the base and sides of a baking loaf pan, allowing the baking paper to over hang on the edges.
- Sift flour, cacao powder, baking powder and bicarbonate soda into a large bowl. Reserve 1 tbsp oats. Add remaining oats and chocolate to the bowl. Stir to combine. Make a well centre.
- Whisk maple syrup, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract in a jug. Add buttermilk mixture and banana to dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved oats. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.