- 2 medium navel oranges
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1½ cups sugar
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 110g unsalted butter
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Zest oranges, then cut them in half and squeeze to juice them.
- Combine orange zest and juice (about ½ cup) in a medium saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly. After about 5 minutes the mixture should start to boil gently. Continue boiling, stirring constantly 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove from heat strain and cool to room temperature before using.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.