Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Crispy baked parmesan zucchini fries made with Japanese panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Serve the zucchini fries with ranch dressing or aioli as a delicious snack. This recipe is extremely easy, it calls for a few main ingredients and even better, there is no deep frying involved.
- 3-4 small zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Aioli for dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 220C. Slice the zucchini length ways into strips about 1.5cm wide. In a bowl, add the salt and pepper, to the eggs and beat well. Grease a baking tray or line with baking paper and set aside.
- On a large plate, mix the panko and parmesan together. Working in batches, drop the zucchini strips into the beaten eggs, then take the zucchini strip out of the egg mixture, shaking off the excess before rolling in the panko mixture, pressing gently to coat well. Transfer the zucchini strip to the baking sheet, repeat the above until done.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, making sure you turn the zucchini fries half way through, until golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately with aioli.
If you’re growing your own zucchinis at home, be sure to check out our growing guide for top tips and more recipes!