- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 200g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.5L water
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Cream, for serving
- Place all ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil with lid off.
- Once boiled, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes till soft, leave to cool.
- Once cool, blitz with a processor or stick blender.
- Serve with drizzle of cream and fresh herbs. The addition of crispy croutons, fried chorizo and pumpkin seeds is also a tasty option!