Lemon Garlic Roasted Broccoli Salad
Taking broccoli to a whole new level with lemon, garlic and feta, this salad is perfect on its own as a light meal, side dish or snack. You can make it heartier by adding some chicken, fish or plant based protein like tofu! No matter how you choose to eat it we can guarantee this salad will become your new go to!
- 3 heads broccoli florets and stems roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (grated or minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado
- 170 grams crumbled feta
- 1-2 cups kale (chopped)
- handful of dried cranberries or pomegranate seeds
- chilli flakes to season (optional)
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 220*C
- On a baking sheet, toss together the broccoli, pine nits, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic and large pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until broccoli begins to char.
- Remove broccoli from oven and stir in parsley.
- In a bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and pinch of red pepper flakes. Taste and season accordingly.
- Pour dressing over the roasted broccoli, add in kale and dried cranberries/pomegranate seeds.
- Gently toss to combine.
- Transfer salad to a bowl and top with feta and sliced avo.