- 2 rashers of bacon, finely chopped
- 8 sheets of filo pastry, thawed
- 50g butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup of tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 3/4 cup of spinach, thawed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the bacon, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate.
- Grease a 20cm (base measurement) pie dish. Place the filo on a clean work surface and lightly brush 1 filo sheet with butter. Fold in half crossways and place in dish, allowing it to overhang. Repeat with the remaining filo and butter, turning and overlapping each sheet slightly to line the dish completely.
- Whisk the eggs, cheese and cream in a jug. Arrange three-quarters of the bacon and spinach over the filo. Pour over the egg mixture and top with the remaining bacon and spinach.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and set. Leave aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, then cut into wedges to serve.