- 4 teaspoons dried spearmint tea leaves
- 4 teaspoons dried hibiscus flowers (remove the anthers if drying your own)
- 2 teaspoons red raspberry tea leaves
- 8 cups boiling hot water
- Mint, to garnish
- Strawberries, to garnish
- 450g strawberries, washed & hulled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup of raw honey
- Place the spearmint leaves, hibiscus flowers, and red raspberry tea leaves in a 2L mason jar or similar sized container. Pour the boiling hot water over the tea leaves and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Pour the tea through a fine mesh strainer into another jar, pressing on solids to extract all the flavour you can. Discard solids. Let tea cool to room temperature then cover and place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, place the strawberries, lemon juice, and honey in a blender and process until completely pureed. Run the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard solids. NOTE: this step is not completely necessary and is simply a matter of personal preference. If you don’t mind the texture of strawberry seeds in beverages, you can skip this step.
- Add the strawberry puree to the cold tea and mix well.
- Pour over ice to serve! Garnish with mint leaves and strawberry slices