- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup of thai red curry paste
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 kg cauliflower, chopped
- 400g can of coconut cream
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fried shallots
- 1/4 cup coriander sprigs
- 1/2 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp lime rind
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook thai red curry paste for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add onion and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until softened slightly.
- Add cauliflower and toss to coat. Add coconut cream and vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Gently, boil covered for 18 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Blend soup until smooth. Stir through fish sauce and sugar and taste seasoning.
- Divide soup between bowls and top with shallots, coriander, chilli and rind. Serve.