On these cold days, we tend to crave hot and hearty meals. Our Asparagus soup recipe is not only hearty comfort food, but is also super simple and packed with Vitamin A, C, K, and fibre which are all essential to staying healthy throughout the cool winter months.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 910g of asparagus, with ends, trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more for garnishing
- Freshly chopped chives, for garnishing
- Freshly chopped dill, for garnishing
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant about a minute. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden about5 minutes. Add the broth and simmer, covered, until the asparagus is very tender but still green about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a stick mixer or regular blender, puree soup. If using a regular blender, be sure to stop and remove the lid a few times to avoid overheating the soup. Return to the pot, stir in the cream, then stir over low heat until warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with extra cream and herbs.