These watermelon iceblocks are the taste of summer! So refreshing and easy to make.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 1kg watermelon flesh cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Heat the water and sugar in a medium saucepan until sugar dissolves. Add the mint and bring to the boil then boil uncovered till the mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and pour into a small bowl. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool. Remove and discard the mint.
- Place the sugar syrup, watermelon and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Strain the watermelon mixture through a sieve into a large bowl.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into the ice block moulds and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to freeze.
Want to learn how to grow Watermelon? Check out our Watermelon growing guide here.