You Will Need
- 500g raspberries (or blackberries), fresh or frozen
- 500g sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Place the berries, sugar and vinegar in a small pot with a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Heat gently, mashing until juicy, for 10 minutes, but don’t boil. (If you boil it, you’ll end up with jam).
- Strain the liquid through a sieve, pressing the pulp with a spoon to extract all the juice.
- Then mix the sieved pulp with 1 cup boiling water, bring to a simmer, and strain again.
- Discard pulp. (By doing this, you’ll end up with very little seedy waste).
- Return liquid to the pot; simmer for 2 minutes, then bottle.
- Keep in the fridge.
Thanks to lyndahallinan.com for this delicious recipe