Is any Christmas day really complete without a classic pavlova for desert? If you’ve been tasked with bringing the pav this year don’t worry! Celia from Botannix St James has shared her go-to recipe and it is sure to please!
- 225ml Egg Whites (roughly 6 eggs)
- 1.5 Cups Caster Sugar
- 1.5 Teaspoons of White Vinegar
- 1.5 Cups Cream
- Fruit to Decorate (We recommend Blueberries, Strawberries, and Kiwifruit)
- Passionfruit Syrup (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- Place egg whites in a bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form (we recommend using an electric beater if possible).
- Slowly add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, waiting 30 seconds between each addition. Once all the sugar has been added, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and whisk for another 6 minutes or until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- Add-in vinegar and mix for another 4 minutes or until glossy and combined.
- Place spoonfuls of meringue onto a tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Form meringue into roughly a 20cm mound.
- Reduce oven temperature to 120 degrees and bake for 1.5 hours or until dry and crisp to the touch.
- Turn off the oven and allow the pavlova to cool down completely inside the oven.
- Pour cream into a bowl and whisk until soft peaks form (we recommend using an electric beater where possible).
- Place the pavlova on a cake stand or serving plate and top with cream and your choice of fruit.
- Drizzle passionfruit syrup across the pavlova (optional)